and shares your personal information when you visit our
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and location.
- Information about your dog, such as its breed, age, and health history.
- Information about your interactions with our website, such as the pages you visit and the links you click.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services you request, such as providing you with information about dog health or connecting you with a veterinarian.
- To improve our website and services, such as by understanding how you use our website and what information is most important to you.
- To send you marketing communications, such as email newsletters and promotional offers.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Our service providers, who help us operate our website and services.
- Advertisers, who may show you our ads on other websites.
- Government agencies, if required by law.
We take steps to protect your personal information, such as:
- Using secure servers to store your data.
- Encrypting your data when it is transmitted over the internet.
- Limiting access to your data to authorized employees and contractors.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
- The right to delete your personal information.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.